Insurance and assistance
My Visa card has a guarantee and assistance insurance that covers me while I travel. I can take certain steps on this page: https://www.visa.fr/services-en-ligne/assurances-et-assistance.
What is the difference between insurance and assistance?
Insurance protects me on all my trips. I am reimbursed after the event of a claim. To take advantage of this, all I have to do is pay for my trip with my card. Assistance is my preferred contact, 24 hours a day, anywhere in the world in case of illness or injury. To take advantage of this, all I need is a valid Visa card and to contact Assistance before making any expenditure. The number is indicated on the back of my card.
In the insurance space, I'll be able to:
- Consult my insurance notices (trip cancellation, car rental, skiing, etc.)
- Download an insurance certificate
- Declare and pursue a claim
- Find out about the airport tax refund
In the attendance area, I can:
- Consult my assistance notices (repatriation, legal assistance, etc.)
- Download a certificate of repatriation (for example, for destinations where it is systematically requested: Cuba, Russia, China, etc.)